Mystery egg cracks messily

Imagine our surprise when one of the children spotted this in our Book Corner!

It turns out the golden egg, which we found in our classroom a while ago, had cracked open over the weekend. Our only clues as to what might have happened were the goo oozing slowly out of a shattered top…

and some interestingly shaped footprints heading under our book shelf!

What on Earth (or in the universe…) could have appeared from our egg! Do you have any suggestions or any ideas as to how we could find it?

One thought on “Mystery egg cracks messily

1. What a very strange and unusual thing to find in your classroom! I think I might have some ideas what it could be. Here are my suggestions…

1. A duck broke into the classroom overnight, sat on the egg until it hatched, then waddled off leaving messy footprints all over your carpet.

2. Mrs Dobbs cracked it open because she was feeling curious, then started to eat the goo and spilled bits of it all over the carpet.

3. Miss Seymour forgot about an Easter egg she had, and the insides rotted and formed some smelly gases, which caused the egg to explode, leaving messy goo blobs everywhere.

Which suggestion do you think is the most likely? Can you think of any reasons why some of them may not be sensible suggestions?

I will keep a special eye out for any suspicious behaviour in my classroom. Let me know of any developments!

Mrs Monaghan