Interesting India

We have been learning all about India because of our school links to Mettupalayum. As part of this we learnt about Batik fabric designs.

001

First we came up with our designs thinking about features of Indian fabric we had seen. Then we glued our pattern on fabric ready for painting. We used the clay tools to neaten up our patterns. We had to concentrate hard to create our patterns.

002

After the glue had dried, we painted the fabric with acrylic paints. When the paint had dried, we scraped the glue off after soaking it in water for a few minutes. Our designs looked fantastic!

003 004

Lots of the children had fun dressing up in fabric making Saris.

006

Here’s Chloe’s building of the Taj Mahal. Look at her lovely curved roof. “I looked at it and sort of did the yellow bit like the steps, then I did the tower bit and then I did the curved bit by looking at the top” – Chloe.

031

Diva Lamps – Made in our RE lesson when we learnt about Diwali. We also looked at Henna and the story of Rama and Sita and the 10 headed demon king.

One thought on “Interesting India

1. Well done everyone! What a super variety of activities you have been doing. I also love the display that you have been putting together with all of your work on – there is such a lot to see. Brilliant! Keep it up!